At 9:30pm CST from Chicago O'Hare I will embark to Istanbul, Turkey for a quick layover before making final departure to Milan, Italy where I will thus begin my 10 day backpacking journey across a country known for its rich food, wine, carbs, art, literature and romance.
I have loved Italy since the first day I began my Italian course in college. As my Italian teacher showed us slides from Milan, Venezia, Firenze, and Roma, I fell in love and vowed to take a trip to explore all that Italy had to offer. However, years passed quickly with excuses as to why the trip had yet to become a reality. Italy became a glaring reminder on my bucket list.
Five years ago, I made a promise to myself that I HAD to make the trip for my 30th birthday. No matter where I was living, what job I had, or who was in my life at the moment; I was GOING to take the plunge and trek my way through the land of pasta. Finally, a dream becomes a long awaited reality. [I should probably print my tickets...]
BeardedNomad [my hunky traveling partner in crime] proposed a trip to Romania this winter, however, I quickly batted his choice down with firm protest, "NO! I HAVE TO GO TO ITALY. I'm turning 30." It's a good thing he understands and nurtures my fiercely
Luckily enough, he has family connections in Bergamo [Lake Como] and has lived abroad in Italy for some time, so we both agreed Italy would be fun to explore together [mainly me]. He speaks the language better than me, understands transit, and has visited many of the cities on our itinerary, if not more, so it's a relatively easy trip to
I am quite certain I will not sleep tonight [packing, procrastination, and generalized excitement]. Tomorrow is my Christmas. My roommate has already graciously agreed to party, I mean pack, all night [more like 2am] with me. YOLO!
Be sure to follow me for posts | pictures | foodgrams of our adventures throughout Italia! Ciao!
xoxo,
The Beautiful & Bearded Nomads
Beautiful&Bearded Nomads Adventure List
Lake Como | Bergamo | Milan
Venice | Murano
Florence
Rome
Naples | Amalfi Coast



No comments:
Post a Comment